item12a
item2a
item2
item6
item7
item8
item9
item13
item1
item14
item1a
item3

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why Rev. Elvis?

Some may wonder why (or how) I took on the name "Rev. Elvis." 

The story isn't as exciting as I might want it to be... Elvis Presley died on my 20th birthday.  The media of that day made such a big deal about "The King" dying that it made me want to puke. You would have thought that someone really important had died! 

It wasn't too long after that that restaurants began asking for names for their waiting lists. Not wanting to give my real name (it isn't that special or wonderful, ...sorry mom) in my opinion and wanting to set myself apart from the ordinary, I began using "Elvis."  The reverend part about simply because it is the standard title used for ministers.

Thus, Rev. Elvis I am!

Now isn't your life so much more enlightened now that you know!  I know mine is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Odessa, Texas, United States
Husband, Father, Grandfather, Christian, Minister, One of the Good Guys!