item12a
item2a
item2
item6
item7
item8
item9
item13
item1
item14
item1a
item3

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter IS a big deal down here!

   After a really inspiring Easter worship service this morning, the love of my life and I weren't ready for lunch, so we headed over to the Barnes and Noble to find a cd she wanted.  I also wanted to go by the mall and check out the Apple Store to see if she could discover a way to extend her battery life on her I-phone.

   Barnes and Noble didn't have what she wanted, so I asked a young lady looking in the same section if the mall might have another music store in it. She said she didn't know but added, "The mall is closed. I guess Easter is a big deal down here."   Wish I could report that we had a deep and meaningful conversation resulting in her accepting Christ and being baptized in one of the fountains, but it didn't. Perhaps it will give her pause and think about what Easter means.

   The truth is that Easter is a big deal.  In fact, it is the only really big deal that matters. Resurrection (Easter) Sunday is the day that makes all other days have meaning and purpose.  1st Corinthians 15:58 tells us that our labor is not in vain.  That nothing done for the Lord will be lost, wasted or pointless!

   How's that for a resurrection message!!

2 comments:

  1. I'd say that's a very good message for Easter...and anyone who knows you has seen it lived out in your life. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was you who taught me: "Christmas means nothing without Easter!"

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Odessa, Texas, United States
Husband, Father, Grandfather, Christian, Minister, One of the Good Guys!