item12a
item2a
item2
item6
item7
item8
item9
item13
item1
item14
item1a
item3

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Randomness

   Haven't posted in a while so I thought I would give an update on my thoughts...

   I'm having a running conversation with the Lord regarding employment, what it means to be in ministry and my identity as it relates to those.

   After 28 years of being a “professional, paid minister” while preaching and teaching that everyone is a minister (that whole “Priesthood of All Believers” deal) I’m finding it hard to accept that it just might be the Lord’s will that I earn my keep doing something that is not specifically in paid ministry, while remaining in ministry in a totally different way. That is what some would call bi-vocational ministry.

   I have said for MANY years that I believe that the only way for many churches in small and not so small communities to survive is to have a pastor who is bi-vocational. Of course, that is the pattern that we see in the New Testament.

   Perhaps, the Lord is leading me to model what I have taught. What do you think? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Odessa, Texas, United States
Husband, Father, Grandfather, Christian, Minister, One of the Good Guys!